CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
Asian Pacific American Alumni Network (APAAN)
Working Committee and Advisory Board Membership
We invite your nominations or self-nominations for motivated individuals to serve as members of the APAAN Working Committee and Advisory Board. APAAN is seeking dedicated alums who are committed to APAAN’s goal of supporting and cultivating the interests of alumni of the University of Maryland who affiliate or identify with the Asian Pacific American (APA) community through academic, professional development, and advocacy opportunities.
Asian Pacific American Alumni Network (APAAN) Nomination Form
Due: Friday, October 15, 2010
- Working Committee Member- Individuals with interest in the following areas: program planning, outreach efforts, fund raising, member recruitment and retention, strengthening partnerships with UMD entities (e.g. UMAA, AASU, AAST), and other external organizations.
- Advisory Board Member- Dedicated group of community leaders and professionals charged with actively providing guidance and advice to support APAAN in achieving its mission and goals.
Responsibilities & Commitment
Working committee and advisory board members are expected to participate in scheduled conference calls (generally monthly/bimonthly) and planning meetings as deemed necessary to the work of the group. Members commit to a one-year term.
October 15: Applications due
October 31: Selected members notified
If you are interested in membership, please fill out the e-application form below with your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominee Contact Info:
Graduation Year and Degree(s):
Applying for position of:
__ Working Committee Member
__ Advisory Board Member
Short Answer Questions (5-10 sentences each):
1. Why do you want to be a Working Committee/Advisory Board Member?
2. What skills/resources can you bring to APAAN?
3. Describe your vision for APAAN in the next 5 years.
Please send this application form with your resume/CV to email@example.com by Friday, October 15, 2010.
APAAN Executive Board